West-Can Human Resource Solutions is currently recruiting an Engagement Liaison to fill a two year contract with our Brandon client.
This new contract opportunity t will work closely with the business team and other stakeholders. Our client operates on a cost recovery basis and participates in promoting, facilitating, coordinating, initiating and communicating results from multi-disciplinary academic research on rural issues affecting communities in western Canada. The Engagement Liaison will ensure information is communicated to a variety of constituents and stakeholders using multiple channels, including printed, seminars, workshops and conferences. This role serves as a key resource in understanding and sharing information and new knowledge, and identifying opportunities to provide services that are consistent with the organization’s research mandates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintain a strong understanding of existing and new projects, their contexts and stakeholders to effectively liaise about them internally and externally, and seek related opportunities and assessing fit.
- Acting as a (knowledge base) liaison and support for team project leads
- Draft proposals to secure research projects and support for related activities
- Communicating results and impacts through planned events, standalone reports, regular newsletters or annual reports.
- Assisting with website updates and the development of social media content and related channels, and assess impact with tools such as Google Analytics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, OTHER
Candidates will possess;
- An applicable Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree and will have experience working with different sectors including public, private and non-governmental sectors.
- A strong interest in rural issues and opportunities and public policy
- Excellent, proven written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience delivering presentations confidently in a variety of settings and at all levels within an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft’s Excel, Word, Publisher and Outlook is essential, with social media tools
Application Deadline: January 26th, 2017
To apply or for further information and a full job description, please contact Tim Silversides at West-Can Human Resource Solutions at #1 – 940 Princess Avenue Brandon, Manitoba R7A OP6, PH: (204)727-0008 or email: email@example.com FAX (204)729-9004.