Youth Activity Leader – Level 3
The City of Brandon Youth Centre - Community Development
**More than one (1) position may be filled**
This position is year round and shifts will include a variety of days, evenings and weekends.
Reporting to the Youth Centre Coordinator, the Youth Activity Leaders work with youth of various ages, delivering programs and activities which will enhance both life and social skills of recipients. Activities could include but are not limited to sports, arts & crafts, music & dance, cultural education, kids in the kitchen, etc. The Leaders are responsible to cooperatively plan a variety of activities, participate in the activities with the youth, ensure the youth receive quality supervision, act as a role model for the youth and deliver a fun experience for all parties involved.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, supervise and participate in program activities;
- Provide leadership and direction to the participants and show enthusiasm;
- Provide a safe, cooperative and enjoyable environment for program participants;
- Adjust program activities to accommodate a variety of group sizes, interests and participant skill levels;
- Implement the evaluation plan and submit a final report on the program;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
- Standard First Aid/Level C CPR;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Reference Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Related experience in recreation, programming, education, instruction, lifetime sports background;
- Previous experience working with youth and volunteers;
- Previous experience working in a multi-ethnic setting.
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE Local 69 employees.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Rate of pay: $12.55 per hour (2016 rate). Shift premiums may apply.
Posting Date: January 3, 2017
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
Serving and Building Community.