POSITION: Maintenance Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Maintenance General Supervisor
LOCATION: Brandon, Manitoba
The Maple Leaf Foods pork processing plant in Brandon is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual ready to take the next step in their career. Get a fresh start with Maple Leaf Foods.
- This position will primarily look after the mechanical Repairs and Maintenance of the plant. The individual however will take on and expected to perform well cross functionally into other disciplines as well.
- Frontline supervision of trades people. Motivate maintenance team to high performance.
- Key Performance Indicators: Reduced Downtime, Improved Wrench Time, Maintenance Excellence Index, Maintenance Budget, Safety Scorecard.
- Oversee the maintenance staff day-to-day equipment and process challenges.
- Planning, leading, organizing, controlling Normal, Corrective, Preventive, Repairs & Maintenance.
- Work towards ensuring optimum equipment uptime and reliability.
- Develop, implement Preventive / Predictive maintenance program
- Budget control in assigned area of responsibility
- Day, Afternoon, Night, Weekend Shift Work Involved.
- Minimum 3 years supervision experience in a fast paced, unionized environment required.
- Strong equipment overhaul, machining, pneumatics, hydraulics, piping knowledge required.
- Medium to Heavy equipment, automated packaging, refrigeration, steam equipment overhaul experience a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting, adjusting, or repair new or existing equipment
- Familiar with electrical, health & safety, CFIA/USDA statutory regulations
- Preventive and Proactive Maintenance strategy expertise essential
- Knowledge of MS Office required, AutoCAD, MS Project a plus.
- Initiative, sense of urgency, "Can-Do" Attitude a must.
- Strong knowledge of labor relations issues. Good oral and written communication.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Electrical or Millwright tickets would be an asset.
If you believe that you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please forward your resume
Human Resources Department
6355 Richmond Avenue East
Brandon, Manitoba R7A 7M5
Fax: (204) 571-2655