INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING ANALYST- Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Industrial Engineering Analyst will lead lean manufacturing initiatives on the production floor and will develop yield and labor standards used to calculate product cost and plant performance baselines. Accurate standards are vital as strategic marketing decisions are based partly on product cost.
The Industrial Engineering role analyzes manufacturing problems in order to reduce waste and maximize plant productivity and efficiency. This involves the collection of data to establish baselines and develop strategies and tracking mechanisms necessary to achieve entitlement.
- Lead lean manufacturing projects
- Establish labor performance standards
- Support plant finance teams establish product yield standards
- Lead continuous improvement and six sigma initiatives
- Determine best line balance to maximize production line efficiency
- Analyze manufacturing variances and provide recommendations for improvement
- Develop and provide training on plant performance measurement systems
- Assist with product cost estimates
- Assist with capital expenditure projects
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary Education in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Program
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced interaction with PCs and Software Applications (MS Office, Access, Easeworks, Most, Minitab, Industrial Engineering optimization software)
- Experience with AutoCAD is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentations skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of various manufacturing and reporting systems as well as a general understanding of manufacturing principles (productivity, quality and safety)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.