HR COORDINATOR- Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides general administrative and specific HR support to a busy Human Resources office servicing 2,000 hourly and 150 salaried employees; functions in a timely, accurate and customer service-orientated manner.
- Front-line service needs assessment for all inquiries to the HR office (benefits, vacations, leaves and other HR processes)
- Administers and supports hourly external and internal staffing processes and orientation
- Facilitates established Hourly Orientation processes using SISTEM
- Conducts research and generates reports required to support the HR department
- Processes departmental expenditures, invoices, vendor set up in SAP and budget administration
- Manages the HR Office in terms of supplies, orderliness, filing kept current, etc.
- Prepares all hourly SAP forms and submits changes for further processing
- Provides internal relocation support to hourly employees for expense processing and submission for payment
- Manages daily/weekly/monthly reports as outlined in the HR Reporting calendar
- Prepares Employment verification letters in accordance with established processes
- Tracks step rate increases and uploads information into Kronos and prepares information for SAP
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business-related field is an asset
- 1 year of HR-related experience, preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment; good knowledge of Manitoba employment legislation and labour relations practices; and working knowledge of HR trends and practices
- CHRP designation or working towards designation is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word , Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take the initiative, problem solve and multi-task
- Second language proficiency in Mandarin, Spanish or Ukranian is an asset but not required
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.