MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR- Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Maple Leaf Foods pork processing plant in Brandon is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual ready to take the next step in their career. Get a fresh start with Maple Leaf Foods.
- This position will primarily look after the mechanical Repairs and Maintenance of the plant. The individual however will take on and expected to perform well cross functionally into other disciplines as well.
- Frontline supervision of trades people. Motivate maintenance team to high performance.
- Key Performance Indicators: Reduced Downtime, Improved Wrench Time, Maintenance Excellence Index, Maintenance Budget, Safety Scorecard.
- Oversee the maintenance staff day-to-day equipment and process challenges.
- Planning, leading, organizing, controlling Normal, Corrective, Preventive, Repairs & Maintenance.
- Work towards ensuring optimum equipment uptime and reliability.
- Develop, implement Preventive / Predictive maintenance program
- Budget control in assigned area of responsibility
- Day, Afternoon, Night, Weekend Shift Work Involved.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 years supervision experience in a fast paced, unionized environment required.
- Strong equipment overhaul, machining, pneumatics, hydraulics, piping knowledge required.
- Medium to Heavy equipment, automated packaging, refrigeration, steam equipment overhaul experience a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting, adjusting, or repair new or existing equipment
- Familiar with electrical, health & safety, CFIA/USDA statutory regulations
- Preventive and Proactive Maintenance strategy expertise essential
- Knowledge of MS Office required, AutoCAD, MS Project a plus.
- Initiative, sense of urgency, “Can-Do” Attitude a must.
- Strong knowledge of labor relations issues. Good oral and written communication.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Electrical or Millwright tickets would be an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.