PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR- Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Our pork processing plant in Brandon is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual to join the Maple Leaf family. Are you motivated, ready to be challenged and driven to succeed in an environment that rewards success? Get a fresh start with Maple Leaf Foods.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to hourly production employees in the assigned department
- Manage safe, cost effective and efficient production
- Continuously improve plant manufacturing resources, processes, efficiencies and quality
- Ensure employee safety and overall compliance to Manitoba’s Workplace Health and Safety Act
- Ensure Compliance with all HACCP procedures
- Maintain a positive working relationship with union members
- Administer the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ensure open and effective communication with both hourly and salaried employees
- Embrace the Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Core Values
- Available to work overtime hours as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. General Education Development accreditation)
- Three to five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Well developed English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
- Excellent initiative and leadership skills
- Proven commitment to good manufacturing practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective judgment in business decisions
- Ability to function in a fast-paced production environment
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.