HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR- CONTRACT FULL TIME- Brandon, Manitoba
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, this individual provides leadership to the Employee Services Team in the development and execution of HR initiatives to a large, fast paced, growth-oriented manufacturing environment employing approximately 160 salaried and 2,000 unionized employees operating on a day, evening and night shift rotation schedule.
- Supervise and ensure the effective execution of the recruitment and orientation processes including ownership of the hourly labour forecasting tools
- Provide coaching to Managers on all salaried employee matters including: the conducting of performance reviews, performance improvement plans and providing timely performance feedback
- Act as HR business partner for people managers and salaried employees on all human resources matters and initiatives
- Execute and facilitate HR training and coaching initiatives to salaried and hourly employees
- Oversee and provide coaching/direction to a team of Human Resources Coordinators and the Recruitment Specialist in their day-to-day duties.
- Work with the Senior Human Resources Manager in developing effective strategies for improving overall employee retention.
- Work closely with all managers/supervisors to forecast, develop and implement cost-effective strategies for effective sourcing of candidates.
- Manage the development and execution of specific hiring goals, recruitment strategies and tactics that responds and meets business needs.
- Manage the end to end process of the hourly relocation within budget
- Support and coordinate (as needed), foreign recruitment initiatives
- Monitor effectiveness through key metrics tracking (applicant flow, cost per hire, retention, etc.) in supporting recruitment initiatives
- Define and implement process improvements, tools and technology to enhance the recruiting process deliver superior experience for both managers and candidates
- Partner with International Recruitment Office to develop plans for Foreign Recruitment
- Establish solid external alliances and partnerships with staffing service providers to implement company specific employment strategies
- Track, analyze and report critical metrics as it pertains to their area of responsibility such as attendance, recruitment, turnover and retention
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates will possess a Post-Secondary degree (preferably in Human Resources or a related discipline). A CHRP designation, or other relevant certification, with relevant experience may supplement this considered beneficial.
- Relevant experience will be considered a minimum of 7 years of demonstrated successful and progressive recruitment and labour relations within a unionized, high-growth environment.
- High emphasis is placed on consistency with company values and strong proficiency in the following areas: Strong coaching, performance consulting skills, training, group facilitation, and team building skills
- Strong leadership abilities with emphasis on organizing, delegating, coaching and development
- Thorough knowledge of provincial and federal employment & human rights laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage, organize, and utilize project management methodologies for single and multiple projects
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and opportunities, translating these into clear and effective actionable goals while creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Experience with quality improvement techniques, such as six sigma, is a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.