SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, BRANDON MANITOBA
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The incumbent is passionate about creating opportunities which will empower Maple Leaf Foods employees to deliver their best while ensuring the needs of the business are achieved. The Senior Human Resources Manager will be energetic, results driven and have a strong desire to support the Leadership Team as a strategic business partner in ensuring the success of a food processing plant of 2,000 salaried and unionized hourly employees.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is accountable for developing and implementing proactive strategic HR initiatives that will support the business in achieving its objectives. The incumbent will provide coaching, development and counseling to both the Plant Leadership Team and the Plant HR team. The Senior HR Manager will ensure the smooth day-to-day HR operations of the facility including employee relations, labour relations, recruitment of hourly and salaried employees, performance management, talent management, training and development, employee communication and HR budgeting.
- Identify key HR initiatives which are aligned with the operational strategy to proactively address the challenges currently facing the business
- Influence key stakeholders to ensure alignment and support for the strategic people initiatives
- Develop a plan to implement people initiatives and to measure their success
- Deliver HR advisory services, direction and support to leaders, management and staff in areas such as employee development, performance management, human rights, employment law, policy interpretation and conflict resolution
- Provide coaching and leadership to the plant HR team
- Ensure the MLF Leadership Edge initiatives are fully executed and supported
- Facilitate execution of organizational development and change management initiatives, which will drive cultural change
- Primary deliverables include tools and interventions in the areas of performance management, work environment practices, rewards and recognition, retention, leadership development, compensation, employee development and advancement, diversity and employee satisfaction
- Ensure that HR key performance indicators such as attendance, turnover and retention are tracked and monitored
- Act as HR SME on plant strategic investment projects
- Facilitate execution of plant operations and corporate programs such as succession planning, orientation, and PAD and DAP planning
- Drive process improvement through 6Sigma activities related to Human Resources.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary degree with a concentration in Human Resources or Business Administration
- CHRP/CHRL designation is preferred
- Minimum eight to ten years previous related experience with at least five years’ management experience
- A well-developed senior HR Professional with a solid Generalist and Change Management background
- A proven track record of proactively managing the Labour/Management relationship
- Passionate about coaching, mentoring and developing people to achieve positions of greater responsibility
- Strong business and operational acumen particularly within manufacturing and/or food processing
- Demonstrated initiative, drive and leadership; excellent communication skills
- Results orientated, able to work as part of a functional team; must be an exceptional fit with our Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Core Values
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, possess the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and HRIS systems including SAP
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.