FINANCIAL ANALYST - Brandon, Manitoba
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Financial Analyst (FA) assists in coordinating the financial reporting and analysis activities in the Brandon operations. This position works closely with operations to accurately reflect the results, ensure internal controls are in place and monitored, and provide expertise and support.
- Report and provide explanations for variances/vitals weekly.
- Investigate variances, determine root causes, and recommend actions to minimize.
- Provide overhead management support to assigned Budget Manager and Finance Manager.
- Data Analysis. Understand cost driving activities and provide analytics to assist management. Put controls in place to minimize variances.
- Assist in the annual overhead budgeting process.
- Play a key role in the period end close process.
- Coordinate period end inventory (Packaging/Spare Parts) counts, investigate & provide explanations for variances that occur.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts relating to Brandon Manufacturing and ensure controls are in place, and items are accounted for.
- Collaborate with Sr. Finance Analyst on special projects as assigned.
- Provide coverage for Finance Team Members as required.
- Design, test, implement and maintain procedures.
- Provide leadership in formulating reports (both recurring and ad-hoc) which highlight opportunities and our progress in minimizing costs.
- Provide analytical support to the Brandon facility.
- Be active and participate in Six Sigma projects. Strive to Six Sigmatize the FA function
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting program
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and MS Access
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.