COST ANALYST- Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Cost Analyst (CA) provides support to the Brandon operations team. The CA is responsible for operations performance measurement and plays a key role in supporting manufacturing initiatives. As a member of the Finance team, the CA will take part in overhead management, weekly and period end reporting and play a key role in providing the right information to plant management in order for the best decisions to be made.
- Provide detailed yield/manufacturing analytics to management for decision making purposes.
- Ensure all information is correctly reported and provide a daily yield report to manufacturing.
- Investigate and correct if necessary any yield discrepancies, carryover, production.
- Ensure controls are in place to correctly report manufacturing performance.
- Populate front-end transaction template, and input transactions into SAP
- Transact purchased kill credits into SAP
- Investigate front end hog weight/quantity in discrepancies.
- Be a yield subject matter expert and assist manufacturing foreman in their understanding of yield reporting. Spend time on the floor with foreman and develop a close working relationship.
- Provide support and assistance with Bill of Material changes.
- Provide financial analysis on Bill of Material change requests.
- Assist with and input yearly labour, yield, packaging standards
- Work with manufacturing/engineering/finance to put in place more efficient and accurate procedures.
- Be familiar with new SKU process and assist in ensuring all new sku’s are setup correctly.
- Monitor Rework and ensure all entries into SAP are complete.
- As part of Finance team participate in “finance buddy” program as well as assist in period end duties where required.
- Be active and participate in Six Sigma projects. Strive to Six sigmatize your function
- Critical daily, weekly and monthly deadlines are met and accurate and timely reporting provided
- Overhead management support provided to Assigned Budget Manager
- Support Plant Continuous Improvement projects and achievement plant targets
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting program
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and MS Access
- Knowledge of SAP Software is an asset
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.