What is the opportunity?
RBC Insurance is a supportive and inclusive team that shares common values - including a fundamental respect for each other. As our Life & Living Benefits Insurance Advisor, you provide integrated life insurance planning and advice as a trusted partner to our clients. This position allows you to build your own business, with the brand, strength, and stability of Canada's leading financial institution behind you.
What will you do?
- Provide integrated life insurance planning and advice
- Develop an understanding of each client's needs
- Build rapport with new clients and strengthen existing relationships and establish a thriving client network based on trust
What do you need to succeed?
- A Life License Qualification Program (or willingness to complete)
- Professional sales experience that demonstrates a hunger and passion for opportunity spotting, cross-selling, and meeting/exceeding targets
- A talent for listening, establishing trust with prospects, and dedicated to finding the right solutions for clients
- A flair for building relationships and a strong work ethic
- University degree or equivalent preferred
- An existing network of referrals and/or Centres of Influence
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. Working in collaborative teams, we care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- RBC's competitive pay and unique compensation and pension/benefits structure to unlock unlimited earning potential
- Flexible working environment with full mobility
- Sophisticated tools including RBCI software, training, and the team support you need to grow your business
- Continued opportunities for attractive career advancement
- The full suite of RBC Insurance Life, Living Benefits, Wealth, and Travel products
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including pension and flexible benefits
- A world-class training program in financial services
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Insurance Centre
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Commission
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/26/2017
Req ID: 128367
Posting Notes: None