Koch companies’ Market-Based Management® (MBM®) business philosophy encourages employees to think like owners — an approach that has translated into a firm commitment to environmental stewardship, and the health and safety of employees and neighbours.
Koch-Glitsch is an affiliate of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in America according to Forbes magazine. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 100,000 people. Since 2003, the businesses have invested more than $43 billion in acquisitions and capital expenditures.
Koch-Glitsch Field Service, a division of Koch-Glitsch Canada LP (KGC), provides specialty tower and vessel services as well as professional on-site technical assistance throughout Canada. Our experienced team of tower specialists has the ability to deliver full turnkey project solutions as well as professional on-site technical assistance during scheduled shutdowns or unplanned outages. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success.
There are many ways to define value. For Koch-Glitsch Field Service, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Koch-Glitsch Field Service has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique MBM® business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition.
For these temporary positions, we are seeking individuals to serve as Construction Coordinators for up to five months in Brandon, Manitoba.
Industrial Pressure Vessels & Tanks (Cleaning, Inspection & Repair)
To Apply go to www.kochcareers.com and search for this job title.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
- Coordinate and direct the work of contractors responsible for blinding, opening, cleaning, inspection and repair of pressure vessels (process columns & drums) and storage tanks in a turnaround environment. Expected to manage contracted service providers, recognize and accurately report daily construction progress as a liaison to turnaround management. Requires technical knowledge of process columns, drums, and storage tanks to evaluate contractors’ work as an extension of owner’s quality process.
- Pre-Turnaround Work Schedule (mid-April - June 13, 2017): (5) 10-hour day shifts Monday – Friday (possibly subject to change)
- Turnaround Work Schedule (June 13 - July 13, 2017 (estimated)): (6) 12-hour shifts (day shift & night shift) (possibly subject to change)
- Compensation package includes travel and living allowance when working more than 120 kms from home
- Eight years or more of general petrochemical turnaround / construction experience
- Four years or more of Supervisory / Construction Coordinator experience in petrochemical turnaround / construction industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with turnaround/construction work package development, updates and closeout to accomplish documentation requirements
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings or blueprints and be able to utilize them to identify and properly install valves and relief valves.
- Candidates must be able to meet all company and customer qualifications to access job site including training requirements
- Two years or more of industrial plant experience blinding, opening, cleaning, inspection and repair of pressure vessels (process columns & drums) and storage tanks.
- Two years or more of liaison experience in a petrochemical turnaround or construction environment
- Vocational training is preferred
- Confined Space training
- Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to 12 hours a day, six days a week for extended durations.
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams may be required per client guidelines. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common hand tools, power tools and the ability to navigate around obstacles in a petrochemical environment is necessary.
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, provincial and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
Koch-Glitsch has achieved business success by having employees who act with integrity, focus on compliance excellence and create real long-term value for our customers and society. These principles are part of MBM®, a unique business and management philosophy that sets Koch-Glitsch apart from other companies in its industry. Koch-Glitsch is seeking individuals who share these values and want to be part of a winning team. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our Web site at www.koch-glitsch.com.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you.
We thank all applicants in advance, however advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job, please go to www.kochcareers.com and search for this job title