Are you a knowledgeable, skilled and dependable Production Roofer? Do you enjoying seeing a project from start to finish, are you able to install a variety of roofing systems? If so, then you are exactly who the Flynn Group of Companies is looking to add to their Brandon branch!
Along with consistent work and a competitive starting wage, this full-time position also includes a comprehensive benefit package (Health, Dental and Disability).
What you can expect from the Role
As a member of our roofing production team, your goal will be to cover commercial roofs with a variety of materials. You will also be responsible for binding, sealing and insulating structures.
Specifically you will;
- Install or replace four and/or single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions
- Install vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks of flat roofs, and seal the seams
- Cut roofing paper to size using knives; and nail or staple roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, determining distance of roofing material overlap
- Set up barrier, scaffolding, and any other measures necessary to provide safe access to roofs
- Coat top layers to make a smooth finish, or embed gravel in the mod-bit for rough surfaces
What Flynn expects from you
- 3 to 5 years’ commercial roofing experience
- Journeyman/woman or journeyman/woman equivalent
- Completion of secondary school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Intermediate English skills
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Can perform physical activities on a regular basis
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Analyze information and evaluate problems
- High attention to detail
- Can clearly communication with supervisors, co-workers and customers
- Safely operate vehicles, mechanical devices or equipment
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then we invite you to apply at: https://flynncompanies.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/d95394e8-345b-52f8-3c2e-6b8eb681feb7/apply?source=465947-CS-21489