Youth Activity Coordinator
Brandon’s Community Sportsplex – Summer Day Camp
Program runs Monday to Friday, July 4 – September 1, 2017
Training will take place on a flexible/casual basis in May
Under the general direction of the Program & Events Coordinator, the incumbent will be required to coordinate and oversee the operations of the Sportsplex Summer Day Camp. This camp targets children ages 5 - 12, delivering programs and activities which will enhance both life and social skills of the recipients in an active, fun & safe environment. Activities could include but are not limited to swimming, skating, team sports, arts & crafts, music & dance, cultural education, outdoor exploring, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- · Train and direct Youth Activity Leaders and volunteers;
- · Schedule and coordinate program activities;
- · Schedule, coordinate and organize staff;
- · Rectify staffing and other problems related to the camp;
- · Compile/prepare end-of-season reports as required;
- · Assist in problem solving and conflict management related to the camp;
- · Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
- · Standard First Aid/Level C CPR;
- · Successful completion of a Criminal Reference Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- · Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- · Related experience in recreation, programming, education, instruction, lifetime sports background;
- · Post-secondary education related to community services field;
- · Previous experience working with children and volunteers;
- · Previous experience working in a multi-ethnic setting.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on April 11, 2017
Posting Date: March 28, 2017
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of pay: $15.07 – 16.33 per hour (2016 rates).
Position Conditions: This is a temporary position, and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community!