Engineering Technician Aide (Materials Testing) – Temporary
The successful candidate will participate as part of a working team that assists with a variety of technical functions in the materials testing lab related to municipal maintenance, construction and planning projects. This successful candidate will need the ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Possess a valid and subsisting Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver's licence.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering Technician/Technology program;
- Previous experience assisting with materials testing such as nuclear densometer and concrete field tests;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD software.
Competition # 170031
Post Date: March 31, 2017
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on April 14, 2017.
Hours of work: Engineering Technician Aide normally works full-time hours (36.25 hours per week) but the work day may include evenings and weekends.
IMPORTANT: This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
Rate of Pay: $13.69 - 2016 rate.
Duration of position: While most Engineering Aide positions are seasonal in nature, usually lasting until late fall, there is the possibility of longer assignments.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the City of Brandon. We will contact only the applicants we will be interviewing.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community!