Having clear performance expectations is a critical part of doing one's job well. The following job description will with provide you with the expectations and specific areas of responsibility for a Sales Associate. You will be held accountable for all areas of responsibility listed in this job description. This job description is a summary of the main duties of a Sales Associate and is not
intended to be a complete representation of all possible job responsibilities. If you are unable to perform any duties of this job please contact your District or Senior Regional Manager immediately.
As a Sales Associate you are expected to assist in providing outstanding customer service to all of our customers. The Sales Associate's specific areas of responsibility for providing outstanding customer service are to:
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly manner.
- Practice professional telephone courtesy and take appropriate messages.
- Assist with customers when consultants are unavailable or busy.
- Follow through on all promises made.
- Involve the manager on duty with all customer complaints, returns, exchanges, and returns for alterations.
- Assist with tuxedo rental customers.
- Learn and demonstrate tuxedo product knowledge, including sizing in all divisions, style, availability, and accessory options.
- Introduce a selling person to the tuxedo customer at the appropriate time during the tuxedo fitting, to drive retail sales from tuxedo rentals.
Work Collegially in Teams/Contributing to a High Quality Work Environment
Moores Clothing for Men Sales Associates are expected to work collegially in teams and contribute to a high quality work environment. The Sales Associate's specific areas of responsibility in these areas are:
- Continuously encourage and participate in the team selling process.
- Consistently introduce shirt stacking and concept selling techniques.
- Present accessories (divisions 40 through 80) with all customers.
- Understand and communicate customer lifestyle information and clothing needs to consultants.
- Present accessory add-ons (such as garment bags, shoe polish and jewelry) at the front wrap counter.
Actively participate in weekly (Saturday) meetings in your store.
- Adhere to all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or all Company practices and procedures.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with your coworkers.
- Seek and respond to constructive feedback from your management team.
- Bring all concerns or requests to your management team.
- Report any incidents, accidents, or safety hazards that occur in your store to the manager on duty.
As a Sales Associate you are expected to maintain excellent work habits. The Sales Associate's specific areas of responsibility for maintaining excellent work habits are as follows:
- Learn, retain and communicate an awareness of merchandise features and benefits of all existing and new product.
- Comply with all store operations procedures.
- Properly and accurately operate the point-of-sale register system ("Java").
- Capture customer information, including e-mail addresses, accurately in Java system.
- Comply with all procedures for collecting cash and negotiable documents.
- Comply with all procedures for trial balances, stock counts, opening and closing preparations, and follow through with all paperwork generated from the register.
- Comply with merchandise shipment procedures and appropriate follow- through.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, and putting away merchandise.
- Assist with the monitoring of lay-a-way records and audits.
- Maintain a clean and neat store, including assisting with general housekeeping such as dusting and vacuuming.
- Meet all schedule requirements. This includes possibly working six days per week during peak seasons. Full time employees may be required to work any of the hours the store is in operation. Attend training courses, district or store meetings and inventory.
- Maintain your own timecard, including clocking in and out for appropriate meal periods.
- Portray a professional well-groomed appearance and maintain good personal hygiene.
If you have a disability which requires accommodation measures during the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Department, for assistance at:
Mike McFarland, Director Human Resources and Benefits