Planning & Building Safety
This position is responsible for performing skilled inspection work that enforces compliance with building by-laws, codes, standards and regulations and by-laws pertaining to building safety and property standards. The incumbent examines plans and specifications for all buildings to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- A certified Journeyperson carpenter or plumber with a good cross-section of experience in various phases of building construction, or a certified engineering technician/technologist who has completed courses related to the design and construction of buildings;
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a supervisor of building construction projects;
- Valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
- Any other training that is deemed necessary in order to fulfill the duties of the Building Inspector.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An equivalent combination of experience and education shall be considered;
- Access to a personal vehicle.
Competition # 170040
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will consist of testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay:
$32.45 – $36.56/hour - 2016 rates.
Position Conditions: This full-time, permanent position will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community.