Wastewater Treatment Operator
The Wastewater Treatment Operator participates as part of a working team that operates a variety of equipment and machinery and performs the tasks required for the safe and efficient operation of the City’s wastewater treatment operations. The Wastewater Treatment Operator assists the Level 4 and/or Level 3 Operator operate the equipment that processes raw wastewater to acceptable standards. This exciting position provides the incumbent with the opportunity to work towards achieving the certifications, qualifications and experience required to perform the tasks of the Level 3 and 4 Operator at the Water Reclamation Facilities.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Wastewater Treatment Class 1 certification as issued by the Province of Manitoba within eighteen (18) months of appointment;
- Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plant – Volume 1 & Volume 2 from California State University, Sacramento, within twenty-four (24) months of appointment;
- Any additional certification required under Provincial guidelines and legislation;
- Possess a valid and subsisting Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver's licence.
NOTE: The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Please apply with a resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until Monday May 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Posting Date: May 16, 2017
First consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include physical testing, written testing and an interview.
Rate of Pay:
$21.92 – 31.03 per hour - 2016 rates.
Position Conditions: This permanent, full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) includes evening & weekend shifts. This position is posted and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest however only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. For more information about this and other career opportunities visit our website at http://jobbank.brandon.ca.
If you are interested in finding out more about City of Brandon opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!