File Number: 6004-8
Competition: # SHI-17-16
Open to: This Category I position is open to all interested parties.
* * * * * *
Mess Administrative Assistant
Personnel Support Programs
Permanent Part Time Position
Who We Are:
CFMWS is committed to enhancing the morale and welfare of the military community, ultimately contributing to the operational readiness and effectiveness of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). We pride ourselves on being part of the Defence Team. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.cfmws.com.
Under the supervision of the Mess Manager, the Mess Administrative Assistant assists in preparing, organizing, and coordinating administrative procedures for the Mess office. He/she acts as a point of contact for customers, answers and responds to incoming phone calls, or directs inquiries to the appropriate person. He/she maintains petty cash and all monies from mess dues & accounts receivable, types and processes all correspondence, performs administrative duties as well as takes reservations and collects payments for all entertainment functions.
- College diploma or certificate in Business Administration, Accounting, Office Administration or a related field AND some years experience in administration or in a related field.
- High School diploma AND several years experience in administration or in a related field.
Language requirement: English Essential
- In office administration
- In bookkeeping
- In drafting and distributing correspondence
- In applying policies, procedures and regulations
- In using software for publications and promotional correspondence
- In using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, e-mail, and Internet browsing
- Savings plans (TFSA, RRSPs)
- Educational Assistance
- Accessible facilities on base (i.e. Fitness facility, Swimming pool, etc)
- Canex Privileges
Salary: $13.50/hr - $16.44/hr
• Reliability Status
NPF employees must demonstrate the following shared competencies: client service, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
Employment Equity: NPF is strongly committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. Therefore we promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify on their application if they are members of a designated group (i.e. a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a visible minority).
Start Date: 12 June 2017
Posting Date: 17 May 2017
Application Deadline: 23:59 hrs Pacific Time on 23 May 2017
Application Submission: Submit resume to NPF HR Office quoting competition # SHI-17-16.
Email: email@example.com or online: www.cfmws.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.