Transit Trainer – Transportation Services
To develop and deliver technical training programs for Brandon Transit. The major function of the role is delivering training in the classroom, on the bus and through coaching. Responsible for training new recruits to safely operate a bus (conventional and specialized transit). Will also be responsible to provide refresher training, including defensive driving, air brake operations, first aid, customer service and additional training as required.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma is required;
- Post-secondary certification in Adult Education, Business or equivalent is preferred;
- Three (3) years’ experience, which may include a combination of trainer, instructor, incident investigation and transit operation experience is required;
- A valid Class two (2) Driver’s licence and Air Brakes endorsement is required. A Driver Safety Rating system minimum score of +5 is also required.
- Experience working with collective agreements or corporate policies an asset;
- An equivalent combination of experience and education shall be considered.
Competition # 170062
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on June 29, 2017.
Posting Date: June 15, 2017
This opportunity is open to all applicants.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay: $30.77 – 2017 Rates
Position Conditions: This full-time, permanent position (40 hours per week) will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and the Amalgamated Transit Union, Division 1505.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community.