The Executive Director of Brandon First provides leadership to a 10-member board of directors and 50+ stakeholder members. Individuals must bring vision, management abilities, and confidence to act as the “face” and “voice” of the organization. He/she must be highly motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team. The Executive Director is expected to:
- Develop capacity and interest locally to bid for meetings, conventions and events to come to Brandon
- Research trade publications, attend seminars and consult with other professionals to keep abreast of meetings, conferences and convention opportunities.
- Meet & consult with stakeholders/host committees to determine event objectives and requirements
- Work with host committees to help prepare applications and presentations for Accommodations Tax funding from the City of Brandon.
- Liaise with and advise event organizers regarding accommodations, transportation, facilities, catering, signage, displays, printing, event security, sponsorship opportunities, etc.
- Assist organizers to publicize their events to Brandon First stakeholders and the community
- Help organizers liaise with tourism entities in order to maximize event organizer’s bids and achieve event success
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration, Tourism, Hospitality, Marketing and/or Communications (or an equivalent combination of some education and 3 years work experience in a similar position).
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong sales and marketing skills, with project planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and the knowledge and ability to assist and develop partnerships with organizations in multiple sectors
- Strong computer skills and a knowledge of Word, and PowerPoint
- A good understanding and/or experience with accounting and payroll would be an asset
- Possess a good understanding of the City of Brandon, its resources, current events and companies and the services they offer would be an asset
To apply for this position, or for inquiries, send your resume to Rob Starkell at West-Can Human Resource Solutions, e-mail: email@example.com.