West-Can Human Resource Solutions is currently assisting a local employer in recruiting a fulltime permanent Controller. The successful candidate will handle all of the organization’s financial analysis, reporting and general ledger entries in accordance with “GAAP and ASPE”. They will oversee and direct the Management team on issues as they pertain to the accuracy and integrity of financial information, internal controls and the management of company assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads, manages and trains an accounting team of four to maximize productivity and protect company assets.
- Performs financial analysis of all operations.
- Preparation of Monthly and Annual Financial Statements.
- Assembly of all external reporting
- Classification of accounts and organization of accounting procedures as per internal controls, policies and procedures
- Revises forms and manuals required to guide the activities of bookkeeping and clerical personnel to properly maintain the accounting system
- Maintains the general ledger and all supporting journals and registers. Responsible for all journal entries. Validates and presents all reports developed by accounting personnel.
- Ensures compliance to related legislation and conducts compliance training for staff as required.
- Assists other Directors as needed.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
Manages responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining and terminating employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate will have two or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience in accounting, general ledger, accounts payable, purchasing, fixed asset systems and payroll required. Preference will be given to individuals who possess or are in the final stage of their CPA designation.
For a full job description or more information on this opportunity please contact Camilla, Rob or Tim at 204-727-0008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org