Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Production team to contribute to the organization’s value creation capabilities. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, successful applicants will be hired into this position at ‘A’ rate (currently $40.94/hour) and receive a $0.75/hour shift premium for all hours worked on a 12 hour rotating schedule. All overtime is paid at double time. This position will follow a shift rotation schedule within our 24/7 operation.
You will be responsible for the operation of:
- Three gas-fired boilers totaling 230,000 pounds/hour
- Water demineralization systems
- 1,200-tonne refrigeration system
- Two cooling tower systems with a combined flow of 105,000 gpm
- Injection well system
The successful candidate must have a passion for the industry and will report to the Production Shift Supervisor.
The qualifications you have include:
- Valid Interprovincial or Manitoba 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Related industrial operating experience
- Proven ability to work proficiently in a variety of power engineering tasks
- Emergency Response, First Aid and Industrial Fire Fighting certification are considered assets
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven organization and time management skills; detail-oriented; high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Valid class five (5) driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights
- Pass a pulmonary breathing test
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Available for shift work and emergency call outs
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC Offers a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension and subsidized investment options in an environment that is committed to success! Relocation assistance may be available.
If you are ready to step into an exciting position with Koch Fertilizer Canada, please apply online at:
Want to learn more about KAES?
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.