Precision Technology Specialist
Location: Brandon, MB and surrounding areas.
Reporting to the Hub Operations Manager, the Precision Technology Specialist is the key role responsible to ensure that Farmers Edge technology is in place and operational at our grower's farms by installing equipment and providing field support to our customers.
Duties may include the following:
- Install Variable Rate equipment and software in the equipment cab on farm or remotely;
- Act as a training specialist to grower's on farm to ensure equipment is operational;
- Maintenance support on CanPlug (hardware), Farm Command (software) and weather stations;
- Access and collect relevant data including yield maps, as applied maps, NERP data;
- Process and analyze relevant on-farm data;
- Maintain inventory log with accurate grower equipment records;
- Provide excellent customer service to growers;
- Answer grower inquiries on the tech support line and provide troubleshooting advice to growers as required;
- Work with the operational team to jointly support grower relationships in the territory;
- Day or overnight travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience with farm machinery, basic geographic information systems (GIS); GPS systems, variable rate technology, or mapping software;
- Technologically inclined;
- Strong customer service skills and problem solving abilities;
- Education in Agriculture a preferred asset.
Compensation: Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package. Salary dependent on qualifications and skill. Attractive performance bonus along with health benefits, retirement plan and company vehicle.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.