Equipment Operator Level 2
Utilities – Public Works
**More than 1 position may be filled**
To participate as part of a working team that operates a variety of equipment and machinery and performs the tasks required for the safe and efficient operations of the City’s Utilities Section.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D. , or Mature High School Diploma;
- Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 3 with Air Endorsement Province of Manitoba driver’s license;
- Hold, or obtain within eighteen (18) months of appointment, Level l Certification in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection;
- Hold or obtain within thirty-six (36) months of appointment Level 2 Certification in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection;
- Required to obtain all certifications required by provincial regulations;
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years experience pipe laying and/or underground utility maintenance;
- Experience operating sewer main cleaning equipment;
- Sufficient experience operating Equipment Operator II classification equipment to have demonstrated skill in its safe and effective operation;
- Low bed and end dump experience;
- Clear Driver’s Abstract.
NOTE: Applicants MUST provide a driver’s abstract with their application.
Competition # 170078
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m Sept 26th.
Post Date: September 12, 2017
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay:
$22.35 – 27.65 per hour - 2017 rates.
Position Conditions: This full-time, permanent position (40 hours per week) and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and building Community!