Class 1 Driver
Summary: We are looking for hardworking, dependable, team oriented individuals to join our Alternative Excavation Team. Heavy Class 1 Driver will be responsible for driving and operating a variety of trucks/equipment to complete a variety of job tasks. Steel toed shoes or boots are required. Wage dependent on experience. This is a full time seasonal position that may lead into a year round position for the right candidate.
- Drive and operate a variety of trucks/equipment to complete a variety of job tasks to assist with Excavation and Landscape construction projects
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Carry out daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles
- Special attachments to equipment
- Complete driver’s log book on a daily basis and ensure logs are handed in at the end of each week
- Transport materials to and from the jobsite, including loading and unloading
- Using proper tie-down procedures, secure materials to be transported to ensure the safety and security of the load
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Maintain all equipment & vehicles
- Complete and submit all required accurate paperwork on a daily basis, including: daily site meeting logs, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials etc.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, and equipment
- 10 hour days Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours required due to weather.
- Desire and initiative to grow within your position and the Alternative Team.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Valid Manitoba Class 1 Driver’s License.
- Whmis Training/Forklift/Bob Cat Training, Cor Training
- Safe driving record- able to submit a driver's abstract
- Mechanically Inclined
- Physically able to lift approx. 40 lbs.
- Able to work outside in all types of weather
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle physically strenuous and challenging work
- Good Leadership skills
- Knowledge of Bob Cat, Tractor, Front End Loader and Mini Excavator
- Time management skills
- Previous Experience working as a team
If you feel you would be an asset to our team, please check out our website for more information at www.alternativelandscapingltd.com.
NO PHONE CALLS
Please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or in person to 34th & Patricia Ave., Brandon MB R7B 3Y2
Fax -204 727-7531.