Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Maintenance team to contribute to the organization’s value creation capabilities. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the successful applicant will be hired into this position at ‘M2’ rate (currently $38.12/hour) and receive a Pay for Knowledge premium of $0.50/hour. All overtime is paid at double time. A $0.75/hour shift premium (based on a 12 hour shift rotation schedule) is also included.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Incorporate knowledge of load bearing capabilities for operating rigging equipment to place heavy machinery and parts
- Fabricate, modify and overhaul equipment
- Troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and programmable logic controls
- Perform preventive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis
- Repair or replace defective parts when necessary
- Construct foundations for and to assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment, using hand and power tools and to direct workers engaged in such activities
- Move, assemble and install an extensive variety of machinery and equipment
- Perform routine tasks such as lubrication of machinery, bearing replacement, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during an overhaul and preventative maintenance
- Work with a wide array of precision tools, such as vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, levels, gauge blocks, and optical and laser alignment tooling
The successful candidate must have a passion for the industry and will report to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor.
The qualifications you have include:
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Millwright Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ie. GED)
- At least three (3) years of maintenance and reliability experience at a chemical process plant, petro-chemical plant/refinery or in manufacturing is preferred
- Valid Class Five (5) driver’s license
- Demonstrated understanding of fluid mechanics (hydraulics and pneumatics) and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps and compressors
- Knowledge of new developments in mechanical technology
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental compliance, and plant reliability
- Proven organizational skills, high work standards, strong technical abilities, strong business skills and personal accountability
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills as well as mechanical and operations aptitude
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Climb stairs and ladders, work at heights
- Wear gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant
- Availability for shift work and emergency call outs
- Able to travel to and enter site to access equipment
- Requirement to be available and willing to perform plant-based fire rescue services (training provided)
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC Offers a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension and subsidized investment options, as well as nationally-competitive wages in an environment that is committed to success!
If you are ready to step into an exciting position with Koch Fertilizer Canada, please apply online at:
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.