Senior Elections Official
The City of Brandon is looking for a Senior Elections Official (SEO) to administer all aspects of the municipal council and school board election process in compliance with The Municipal Councils and School Boards Election Act.
- Discharging responsibilities under the legislation independently and impartially;
- Establishing and maintaining an up-to-date voters list for the City;
- Ensuring that election officials in the local authority carry out their duties with impartiality and in compliance with the legislation;
- Providing training to election officials on the election process;
- Providing election officials with instructions necessary to administer the legislation;
- Accepting nominations and communicating impartially with candidates;
- Coordinating the counting of ballots and declaring of results;
- Working in cooperation with representatives of the Brandon School Division;
- Preparing and submitting all necessary reports before, during and after the Elections.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be eligible as per The Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act;
- Must be able to work varied hours up to and including the day of the Election and following to meet the requirements of the legislation;
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Have proficient computer experience, including working with a database;
- Able to work independently and respectfully with elected officials, the public, municipal staff and school division staff.
This is a term position for a duration of approximately 6 months, preparing for, during and after the election period.
Competition # 180010
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by applying online: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Posted on: Feb 15, 2018.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on March 1, 2018.
The selection process for this competition will include an interview.
Rate of Pay:
$27.50 per hour - 2018 rates.
Position Conditions: This full-time, term position (40 hours per week for approx. 6 months) will not be apart of a Collective Agreement. Start date will be May 7/18 and training will be provided prior to the start date.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
Serving and Building Community.