Chargehand – Engineering
Under the direction of the Manager of Infrastructure, co-ordinate staff in the delivery of municipal engineering services and provide field contract administration services.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Hold, or obtain within two (2) years of appointment a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) Designation;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a municipal engineering environment;
- Proficient use of CADD equipment and software (AutoCad; Civil3D);
- Experience in use of desktop applications (Excel, Word);
- Eligible for additional certification as duties require, and any additional certification required under Provincial guidelines and legislation;
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) years’ experience working in an engineering environment;
- Experience in use of survey data collection apparatus, including Total Stations, GPS and data collectors;
- Experience in use of material testing equipment;
- Experience in use of ESRI suite of software (ArcView/ArcMap);
Please apply with a resume and cover letter on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 2/18 at 11:59 p.m.
Posting Date: February 16, 2018
This opportunity is open to all City of Brandon employees; however, first consideration will be given to current CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay:
$30.27 – $39.27per hour - 2018 rates.
Position Conditions: This permanent, full-time opportunity. This position is posted and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community.