Truck and Transport Mechanic – Fleet Services
(Journeyperson Level 3)
This is skilled work, journeyman level, in the overhaul, maintenance, and repair of automobiles, emergency vehicles, public transport, public utility vehicles, light and heavy truck, and construction equipment. Employees work under the general supervision of the Fleet Maintenance Chargehand but are allowed considerable latitude for independent judgement in applying journeyman skills to the diagnosis and repair of assigned equipment.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- § Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- § Journeyman Certification in Heavy Duty Mechanic Trade or equivalent as issued by the Manitoba Department of Labour, supplemented by satisfactory practical experience;
- § Possess a valid and subsisting Class 3 With Air Endorsement Province of Manitoba driver’s licence or able to obtain within three (3) months of appointment;
- § Hold, or able to obtain within three (3) years of appointment, a Manitoba Vehicle Inspection number for all vehicles excluding motor homes and motorcycles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- § Hold a valid CFC certificate for ozone depleting substances;
- § Propane and other alternative fuel training and experience.
NOTE: Applicants must have their own appropriate mechanical tools.
Competition # 180012
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 9, 2018.
Posted: Feb 23/18
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE Local 69 members.
The selection process for this competition will include an interview. The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay:
$28.55 – $30.50 per hour - 2018 rates.
Position Conditions: This full-time permanent position (40 hours weekly), will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69. The hours of work will vary, including evenings and weekends.
The City of Brandon offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits (including defined-benefits pension, group health benefits, life insurance plan), and a positive work environment.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
Serving and Building Community.