GIS Technician Student
*More than 1 position may be filled*
April 30, 2018 to August 31, 2018 (dates to be finalized upon hiring)
This Geographic Information System (GIS) position will assist other Engineering staff with map creation, metadata creation and data editing.
Responsibilities for GIS Summer Student include:
- Consult with internal and external users and stakeholders to conduct basic GIS analysis and create maps;
- Use GIS editing tools to create and maintain municipal spatial and attribute data;
- Document metadata for GIS data;
- Prepare map templates for automated map generation.
Qualifications for GIS Summer Student:
- Currently enrolled in a post secondary institution in a GIS or Engineering related program;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of GIS, databases and mapping;
- Strong knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS desktop applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access;
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability;
- Ability to work independently.
Competition # 180014
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on March 13th, 2018.
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will consist of an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position
Rate of Pay:
$14.23 per hour - 2018 rates.
Position Conditions: This full-time, term position (36.25 hours per week) will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community!