Program Assistant Environmental Initiatives– Temporary
May 1 – November 2, 2018
Do you enjoy organizing and promoting educational activities with an environmental focus that will benefit our City? The City of Brandon is searching for an individual with great organizational and interpersonal skills to work with the Community Services Department on Environmental Initiatives.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and promote Environmental Initiatives based programming, with a special focus on urban forestry;
- Support the Environmental Initiatives Coordinator with the work of the Brandon Environmental Committee;
- Create promotional material such as posters, brochures etc.;
- Liaise with other city departments to carry out Environmental Initiative programming;
- Assist with promoting and organizing other environmental awareness programs and opportunities throughout the community;
- Assist with implementing Brandon Waste Reduction School Challenge, Brandon Enviro Expo, and Eco Day in May;
- Participate in team meetings to discuss programming ideas and coordinate ideas;
- Liaise with the necessary government offices to work within any applicable regulations;
- Take registrations as required at events;
- Keep track of number of attendees for each event;
- Write final reports as required;
- Assist in the public outreach for the review of the Environmental Strategic Plan;
- Assist with various events or programs as required;
- Develop and maintain a photo/video library in relation to volunteers, projects, programs and events;
- Willingness to work as part of a team or independently, in all weather conditions;
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must possess and hold a valid driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Reference Check and Child Abuse Registry Check including Vulnerable Sector Verification.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in environmental studies;
- Must be energetic and enthusiastic;
- Excellent public relations skills;
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in community collaboration;
- Demonstrated ability to positively communicate and interact with people of all ages;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Detail oriented.
Competition # 180016
Please apply with a resume and cover letter on-line at:http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on March 14, 2018.
Posting Date: February 28, 2018
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
Rate of Pay: $16.70 – $18.01 (2018 rates).
Position Conditions: This temporary position of 30 hours per week and will include a variety of days, evenings and weekends. This position will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community!