Division: Long Term Care
Site: Valleyview Care Centre
Site Address: Valleyview Care Centre,3015 Victoria Ave.,Brandon,MB,R7B 2K2
Employment Type: Full Time
Expiration Date: 23/02/2018
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector committed to helping older adults live life to the fullest. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, offering seniors' apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care.
At Revera, long term care is all about helping our residents live life to the fullest extent possible by supporting their health and well-being. We care passionately about providing excellent care and service to all those we serve. We nurture friendships, offer security and peace of mind, and create vibrant, rewarding communities. We believe we work in our residents' homes, and strive every day to help them feel comfortable through our person-centered approach. Long term care is a special place to work and for many of us - a calling.
Join us as a leader driven to enhance our Recreation department with a focus on our person-centered approach. In this role you will lead a team to encourage residents to participate in meaningful activities that are both familiar and new which provide overall well-being and quality of life.
In this role you will be focused on:
- Achieving resident and family satisfaction targets
- Ensuring residents participate in multiple events and activities each month
- Lead, Manage and motivate recreation staff and volunteers to meet department and legislated objectives
- Maintain departmental budget
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Develop, plan, organize and implement resident programs to improve the resident experience
Manage - Recreation budget and monitor expenditures
Comply - with Revera's Guiding Principles and regulatory requirements & Resident Bill of Rights
Lend a Helping Hand- to promote and support community engagement opportunities, through volunteers and community partners
Cultivate - Hire, train and engage a team of recreation staff and volunteers
Respond with HEART- Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond, Thank
What You Bring:
- Post-secondary education in Recreation Therapy or Therapeutic Recreation.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in health care setting
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in program planning, implementation, documentation and evaluation in a senior's care setting.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Activity Pro, Point Click Care, RAI-MDS and care planning is an asset.
- Passion and focus on the person centered approach and working with seniors
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Search (within 6 months)
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
- Vision to support Person Centered Care
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.