Youth Activity Leader – Level 3
KC Plaza Ambassador
***More than one (1) position may be filled
KC Plaza Ambassadors will work in groups of two providing leadership and direction to participants and spectators all while promoting safety rules and regulations.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a high level of customer service;
- Monitors participant behaviour with park rules and regulations by periodically riding a bike and/or skateboard throughout the facility (Please note that whenever the Ambassadors are riding a bike and/or skateboard they must wear CSA approved safety equipment);
- Performs routine inspections to maintain cleanliness and ensure the facility is free of debris and foreign materials that may cause safety concerns;
- Implements programs, classes, clinics, camps and demonstrations;
- May assist in unloading equipment such as tables, chairs, sound system, ramps, and canopies for special events and/or demonstrations;
- Notifies supervisor regarding any problems or repairs needed to equipment or facilities;
- Notifies supervisor of any accidents, incidents or injuries, responding to critical incidents in emergency situations;
- Maintains accurate shift reports, incident reports, accident reports, etc.;
- May administer basic first aid as needed;
- Write final reports as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Grade 10;
- Hold and maintain current First Aid and CPR qualifications;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Reference Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Related experience in recreation, programming, education, instruction, lifetime sports background;
- Past experience as a participant in BMX or skateboarding is desirable;
- Previous experience in the enforcement of rules;
- Experience working in a multi-ethnic setting.
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE Local 69 employees. Hours worked per week will vary dependent on the season and weather. Shifts will include a variety of days, evenings and weekends.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Rate of pay: $14.08 (2018 rates)
Position posted March 1, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position(s) are filled.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
Serving and Building Community!