WESTMAN STEEL is a national supplier of premium steel products. Westman Steel is a proud member of WGI Westman Group Inc. – a dynamic, entrepreneurial group dedicated to the growth of their employees, customers and the communities in which they operate.
Continued progress creates the following career opportunity in Brandon, MB.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager will lead our production team while planning, organizing and directing the process activities of production, maintenance, shipping, and receiving and health and Safety. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of managerial experience in product manufacturing in a fast faced, unionized environment. Combinations of education and experience will be considered.
This role requires:
- Direct the manufacturing operation plan and business activities for the achievement of short and long term operating and profit objectives.
- Provide overall direction and management of manufacturing, including personnel.
- Continue to drive process improvement in all operational functions
- Ability to work independently; be self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- High level of computer competency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, time management, and organizational skills
- Achieve performance, quality and safety standards and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals.
- Provides guidance to the manufacturing process plan; including personnel requirements, material needs and facility needs.
Westman Steel provides a competitive total rewards package including professional growth, career development and continuous learning. The company offers excellent benefits and a deferred profit sharing plan. Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26h, 2018. Please provide résumé, stating salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
WGI Westman Group, is an Equal Opportunity Employer